These programs are designed to increase family communication, cooperation, closeness, and respect. Parents and children – meeting separately and together – learn to handle feelings, communicate needs, understand each other better, take charge of their own behaviors and emotions, feel good about themselves, enjoy each other and have fun. Practical, effective techniques are taught for handling challenging behavior. Parents and children learn positive communication skills.
Please see below for scheduled class:
THE NURTURING PARENTING PROGRAMS
ON GOING NURTURING PARENTING PROGRAM (Parents Only)
1. Where: MPNNCSB Gloucester Counseling Center, 9228 George Washington Memorial Highway, Gloucester, VA 23061.
When: Tuesdays, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
2. Where: MPNN CSB Warsaw Counseling Center, 414 Main Street, Warsaw, Richmond County.
When: Mondays, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Cost: $20 Handbook + $20 per person/per session
Pre-registration is required.
NOTE: The 15-week On-Going Nurturing Parenting Program takes place year round.
Parents can enroll in the classes at any time.
IN-HOME PARENTING PROGRAM
This is a 10-week Home Based Parenting Program designed to meet the individual needs of parents.
Our highly skilled and dedicated In-Home Parenting Team offers families the opportunity to learn positive and proven parenting skills in the comfort of their own home.
* In-Home parenting increases family involvement in the parent education process by decreasing obstacles to participation.
* In-Home Parenting brings parenting directly to families. Families don’t need to travel to class or obtain child care, two huge challenges to attending parenting classes.
* Each family is served by two highly trained facilitators in the Nurturing Parenting Program, an evidence-based parenting curriculum.
The program is offered by referral only.
COST: $225 per session
To register please call us at: 804-642-5402 or email us at: email@example.com.
Children First Program
ABOUT CHILDREN FIRST:
Children First is a 4-hour co-parenting education program designed to promote positive and healthy communication for families experiencing the challenges of transition through separation and/or divorce. The program assists parents in understanding the importance of an active, involved, and positive relationship with their children by minimizing parental conflict.
Parents will learn:
– How divorce or separation and continued conflict impact children.
– How to talk with children about the situation.
– How to manage conflict and emotions constructively.
– How to take care of children during the changes in the family.
– How to develop a positive co-parenting relationship.
The group takes place in a supportive and nurturing atmosphere.
WHEN & WHERE:
This program is implemented on a monthly basis, the first Thursday of each month at MPNN CSB Prevention Services Division Office, 3786 George Washington Memorial Highway, Hayes, VA 23072. (*) Flexible dates available upon request.
$50.00 per person. Payment must be received seven days prior the schedule class. No exceptions.
Method of Payment: Cash payment to be made in person at the Prevention Services office: 3786 George Washington Memorial Highway, Hayes, VA 23072, or a Money Order payable to MPNN CSB can be mailed to: PO Box 452, Hayes, VA 23072. Personal checks will not be accepted.
For further information about this program and to pre-register, please call us at 804-642-5402, toll free at 1-888-PREV-550,or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Registration by phone is required. On-Site registrations will not be accepted.